Buying with Kale
Your straight forward path to a new home in Turkey…
Turkey has long since been a holiday hotspot but within the last few years changes in the law there have enabled foreigners to buy freehold property in their own name. Kale Turkish Properties are proud to bring you not just a vast range of villas, houses, apartments, duplex and property in general but also a new attitude to property sales in Turkey. Our customers become friends and, as they testify, our after sales service is second to none.
The high property build standards, low prices and uncomplicated buying process have encouraged the sales market to such an extent that Turkey has been proclaimed one of the top three worldwide locations to invest in a holiday home by Channel 4’s “20 Best Places To Buy In The Sun”.
Now Is The Time!
Now you can cash in on the world economic crisis by taking advantage of the incredible deals currently available on re-sale homes. After the recent problems world wide there is a real glut of great value properties. Some of these homes are brand new and never used but have come back on the market to be snapped up at bargain basement prices…much less than prices of the equivalent off-plan property.
Turkey is most definately a buyers market right now…It’s a great time to take the plunge, so what are you waiting for!
These offers are only available due to the current global economy so take this outstanding chance while you can…Crisis means opportunity!
Our property sales office is on the beautiful Mediterranean peninsular of Side, just 45 minutes from Antalya airport. With incredible ruins at every turn, exclusive golf resorts just 30 minutes away at Belek, mountains, woodland and stunning sandy beaches, you too can enjoy this luxury life (apartments from around £45,000 and villas from around £90,000).
Freehold land and property in Turkey is fast becoming the worlds premier investment opportunity and at the moment prices are still very inexpensive. The system of purchasing property in Turkey is extremely straight forward and in most cases can be completed within a couple of days!
Viewing with Kale:
We are a friendly business, run by Cengiz who has fluent English and Ann who has lived full time in Turkey for over seventeen years now. Both have extensive experience in the real estate business and utilise their excellent local knowledge to ensure that clients feel relaxed and comfortable during their time with Kale.
Our bespoke inspection trip arrangements…
Our viewing trips are tailored to your needs! We believe it’s important for customers to enjoy their visit and get chance to see the area, for that reason, you set the pace. Every customer is dealt with on a personal level and will not be sent on group viewings. Our clients tell us how many properties they feel comfortable viewing each day and will only be shown those they wish to see. Most people spend between 4 and 7 days viewing but every customer is different and we are flexible!We regularly arrange inspection trips for clients to view solely with us and in that instance we would source the best price flights on your behalf, but we do ask that clients be responsible for actually booking their own tickets and getting to the airport on time! At the airport you will be met by Cengiz on the Antalya side or Ann on the Kusadasi side, and your airport transfers are free. We can arrange accomodation on your behalf at the Hotel Sozer, on Kusadasi’s sea-front, looking out to the marina. Or, if you will be viewing in the Antalya region, The Hanay Suite, a lovely apartment hotel. The hotels have central locations, just around the corner from our offices. Every day your transport will be our responsibility. We will pick you up from the hotel and accompany you to the properties you wish to view, we can then take you back to your hotel when you have seen enough.
All property in Turkey is freehold
- Purchaser and vendor agree a sale price for the chosen property.
- Purchaser is registered for a tax number to enable a sterling/euro bank account to be opened in their name. This will ensure the smooth transfer of funds from the countries outside of Turkey to complete the purchase. We accompany the purchaser to a bank of their choice to open the necessary account which can be in joint names if required. Please note that every person to be named on the bank account must bring with them proof of their address, a utility bill or council tax document is ideal.
- We will then accompany the client, along with a registered translator, to the notary who will register the purchasers name against the chosen property. (This ensures the property is taken off the market, and gives the purchaser time to complete the sale as per the terms to be set out in the contract.) Kale Turkish Properties has the legal right to draw up transfer contracts without involving a solicitor. This keeps your costs to a minimum, but if you are happier to purchase through a solicitor we could accompany you to an English speaking lawyer who will draw up all relevant documents at a cost of between 1% and 3% of purchase price.
- The contract of sale is drawn up ( normally in English but sometimes both in English and Turkish if required) between purchaser and vendor, and witnessed by Kale. Generally a 10% (negotiable) deposit is paid at this time. The majority payment and 3% agents commission (set by by Turkish government) to be payable normally within 1 calendar month. The remaining balance is payable at the time of deed (Tapu) transfer, normally 5% to 10% of the price. If buying off plan the chosen payment schedule is written into the contract accordingly.
- If Military Clearance is needed, this will be applied for by us and when this comes through (normally around six weeks later) all relevant paperwork is submitted to the Land Registry for change of ownership on the Tapu (Title Deeds). Kale is notified when these papers are completed and the buyer will be informed that their Tapu is ready and that they are free to complete their purchase (tax fees of 4% of property value as stated on the tapu will be payable to the deed office at that time).
- Water and electricity meters must be re-registered in the new owners name and both will be read and billed monthly. Telephone landlines can be applied for through the post office and are normally installed within the month but applicants must have a valid residents permit. It is advisable to have a mobile phone.
- Total fees/taxes involved at the time of purchase should not be more than 5% purchase price. (note that there will be a further charge payable to the deed office, as mentioned above, on Tapu pick up from the land registry office)
Mr & Mrs Gorman and family bought a villa from us and said:
9th February 2007
Hi Sally, Ann & all at Kale,
Just a wee letter to say thanks for all your great help and literature about properties in Kusadasi over the last year. My family and I really enjoyed the ” house hunting ” trip and the friendly, professional attitude shown by your super (if its easy its no fun) mum Ann and all her great colleagues at Kale. We were really impressed by the straight forward, hassle-free purchase of our villa…
Mr. & Mrs. S. Gorman